If you want to lose weight…eat breakfast!
Wednesday 11 July 2012
We’ve all been told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but did you know that breakfast eaters are in fact slimmer than brekkie skippers?
It’s true! By eating a well-balanced meal at the start of the day you are less likely to binge on high fat snacks later on.
This is because becoming over hungry often leads to not being able to determine when you’re full, so you snack on loads more than you need and take in more calories than if you’d eaten a balanced breakfast in the first place.
The term breakfast is just what it says on the tin – it’s breaking your overnight fast. When we go to sleep we fast for an average of 10 - 12 hours, so it’s no wonder we need a pick-me-up first thing in the morning.
More importantly, as nutritionist Donna McColgan explains, breakfast provides us with the fuel we need to get through the day: “It nourishes our bodies, giving us an energy boost and stops us from snacking. Brekkie skippers also struggle to fit important nutrients into their diet like vitamin C and D, calcium, iron, and fibre.”
A recent survey by cereal makers Jordans discovered that not only are breakfast eaters slimmer, but they are also more alert, less ‘moody’ and more able to concentrate in the morning.
So why not make your breakfast a treat and let it be something to look forward to? At Closer we believe it’s worth getting up 15 minutes earlier to make time for breakfast.
Below are 10 fantastic healthy breakfast ideas. There’s no excuse now, if you want to lose weight then eat your breakfast!
• Kippers with poached eggs and grilled tomatoes with a slice of wholemeal toast
• Porridge with mashed banana and raisons
• Boiled egg with wholemeal bread soldiers
• Grilled bacon (unsmoked, lean bacon, fat trimmed) with poached egg, grilled tomato and grilled mushrooms with one slice of wholemeal toast
• Bowl of muesli with grated apple and sunflower seeds with milk
• Bagel with reduced fat cream cheese and smoked salmon
• Oatcakes spread with nut butter and jam
• Yoghurt with sliced fruit and toast with hummus
• Fresh fruit smoothie
• Grapefruit and natural yoghurt
If you fancy dropping a stone in just six weeks then why not head over to www.closerdiets.com where we promise to help you do just that! Join our Beach Body ready plan and you'll receive 15% off at Barry M!
Read more diet news here!