Friday 26 September 2008
All good things must come to an end and this year's Farm Animal Week with it's delicious recipes is, sadly, no exception.
But fear not! We’re going out with a bang, bringing you one final yummy Freedom Food dish that is perfect for the weekend whether you're feeding the family or curing a hangover!
The RSPCA’s campaign to support animal welfare on farms has drawn on the talents of celebrity chefs like Raymond blanc and Simon Rimmer, resulting in five dishes to die for, all in the name of a good cause, and our last recipe is no exception. Enjoy!
Scrambled Eggs & Chives wrapped in Smoked Salmon by Anton Edelmann
Serves four to eight people
You can’t beat the traditional combination of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs – and the sharp dressing for the salad gives this recipe an extra tang.
For the parcels:
* 350g / 12oz Freedom Food labelled smoked salmon, thinly sliced
* 12 Freedom Food labelled eggs
* 1 tbsp chives, chopped
* 25g / 1oz unsalted butter
* 4 tbsp double cream
For the salad and dressing:
* 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
* salt and black pepper
* 4 handfuls of mixed lettuce leaves
* 1 lemon, quartered
* chervil and edible flowers, to garnish
* Trim any dark brown areas from the smoked salmon, and use to line 8 small ramekin dishes so that it is overhanging the edges of the moulds.
* Whisk together the eggs, chives, salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a heavy-based non-stick pan, add the eggs and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon so the eggs do not stick. When they are nearly set, remove from the heat and add the cream to stop them cooking any further. Continue stirring for 30 seconds.
* Fill the lined ramekins with the scrambled eggs and fold over the smoked salmon overhanging the sides. Turn out of the ramekins onto heatproof serving plates and place briefly under a pre-heated grill to just warm the smoked salmon.
* Mix together the oil, sherry vinegar and some seasoning. Toss the lettuce leaves in this dressing and serve with the salmon and egg parcels.
* Garnish with a quarter of lemon, plus chervil and edible flowers if desired.
For more healthy and delicious recipes go to www.closerdiets.com now!