Add some spice to your life
Thursday 03 December 2009
According to new research by spice experts Nando's, more and more Brits are hotting up their life by adding super-spicey chillis to their meals - and not only because of the cold winter days!
With rumoured aphrodisiac qualities (you know... it makes you feel a bit fruity) and packed with vitamins, the little red peppers also boast multiple health benefits!
Adding the spice to your meals regularly can help you reduce cholesterol levels, improve digestion and ward off winter colds, so we think it's time to tuck in!
So here we have a delicious chilli-fuelled recipe, courtesy of Nando's, to get you hot under the collar!
P.S.: The best way to soothe a burning mouth is a sip of milk or a spoonful of cold yoghurt - water only makes it worse!
PERI-PERI SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE
Serves 4 – 6
* 150g Spaghetti pasta
* 500g Beef mince
* 1 Onion, chopped
* 1 x 400g Can tomatoes
* 250ml (1 bottle) of Nando’s Hot Peri-Peri Sauce
* 125ml (1/2 cup) Shaved Parmesan Cheese
* 45ml (3 tbsp) Salt
* 15ml (1 tbsp) Olive Oil
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Place pasta in a large pot with boiling water, add salt and cook until al dente.
* Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add onions and fry until translucent. Add the mince and fry for 5 minutes.
* Add the Nando’s Hot Peri-Peri Sauce and can of tomatoes and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
* Place the pasta in a bowl and mix with the mince. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chilli flakes and parmesan cheese according to taste.
For more delicious and healthy recipes head to www.closerdiets.com now!