Having a hungry day? Here are our top ten healthy snacks
Tuesday 16 October 2012
Ever have those days where no matter how much you eat, you still crave more food? Yes? You’re not alone.
Here in the Closer office we like to refer to those days as our ‘hungry days’, and worryingly they’re quite frequent. Having a big dinner the night before can stretch your stomach, leaving a bigger void to be filled the next day.
Also, lack of sleep will also leave you with a growling belly because while we are dreaming of Brad, our bodies release a hormone called leptin, which is appetite suppressing. People who don’t get their eight hours regularly are proven to be more likely to be obese.
Finally, stress can be a major factor in feeling hungry because it plays havoc with your hormone levels. When we are stressed, our brain pours out cortisol which makes us hungry – nature’s way of reminding us to replenish our energy levels – with food.
Hungry days may be difficult to avoid, but after suffering a fair few of them we’ve come up with a list of the ten healthy snacks that will get you through one of these torturous days without doing too much damage to your waistline.
1. Watermelon blended with water = 50kcals per 250ml
2. Weight Watchers Lemon Cheesecake Yogurt = 62kcals
3. Hummus and crudités = 125kcals per 50g
4. Grapes and cheese = 180kcals per 30g (varies depending on cheese)
5. Nuts and seeds = 330kcals per 50g (varies depending on nuts)
6. Pitta bread and dips = 300 kcals per pocket (includes dip)
7. Vegetable soup = 56kcals per 250g
8. Avocado on toast = 202kcals per slice
9. Peanut Butter on crisp bread = 90kcals per slice
10. Weight Watcher’s Belgian Chocolate & Vanilla Pudding = 106kcals
Make sure you stay properly hydrated throughout the day. Often when we feel hungry it’s really just thirst. Drinking lots of water and green tea is an excellent option to keep hunger at bay and to flush out antioxidants at the same time.
Closer Diets' team of nutritional experts has devised a Party Dress diet plan that will help you slim a little faster in time to fit into your LBD this Christmas. Healthy and delicious, this low-cal meal plan will help you zap the fat and tone up without going hungry.
But don't worry, this is not a fad! Each day, you get to enjoy three main mails and two snacks - so you won't ever go hungry! Head to Closerdiets.com if you're looking to lose weight.