3 months free gym membership!
Friday 19 September 2008
We've some great news for you London dwelling young ladies. If you're aged between 16-24, live in London and don't get as much exercise as you should, then you could register for 3 months free gym membership today!
Carly Zucker, fitness instructor and fiancée of England and Chelsea footballer Joe Cole, is the latest celebrity to support Sweat in the City, an innovative scheme designed to get more women active. Carly is sharing her top health and fitness tips to inspire women from across the Capital to sign up.
Sweat in the City is run by the Women’s Sport and Fitness Foundation in partnership with the Fitness Industry Association (FIA). The scheme is offering 3,000 16-24 year old women who live in London and currently do little or no exercise, a unique package of free and mentored gym membership. The 12 week scheme (29th September – 21st December) hopes to have women reaching for their trainers and discovering a fitter, healthier and happier them.
Commenting on her involvement Carly said: “Fitness is a really important part of my life – as well as helping me stay in shape, it makes me feel great too. Sweat in the City is a fantastic way to encourage young women to get active. With three months free gym membership and lots of support on offer, there are no more excuses!”
Carly’s top tips:
1. Set a goal! - is it to fit into your favourite dress? Increase your confidence? Or to train for a 10k run? Once you have reached this goal – set yourself another one!
2. Keep hydrated – it is said time and time again, but you will feel so much better if you drink plenty of water before, during and after working out.
3. Work out with a friend – it’s always more fun doing exercise with a girly-friend, plus you are more likely to turn up!
4. Mix and match - keep your routine varied by trying lots of different types of activities. By varying speed, distance and adding in a swim or new class, your body will be surprised and your fitness will increase – as will your weight loss.
5. Don’t be put off exercise if you are feeling tired - working out will give you energy, guaranteed!
Since its launch on the 1st September, over 1,000 women have registered to participate, and others wanting to take part are being urged to sprint along to sweatinthecity.co.uk
Quick though, places are filling up fast!
Women can choose from the over 100 London health and fitness clubs that have signed up to the scheme. Successful registrants will receive exclusive access to: the Sweat in the City online social network, fortnightly group exercise sessions and support from an online mentor.