Amy Winehouse did not die from drug overdose
Wednesday 24 August 2011
Amy Winehouse’s toxicology report has found that the 27-year-old singer did NOT have any illegal substances present in her body at the time of death.
Before her death last month Amy Winehouse had been seen stumbling around the stage on tour in Belgrade, creating rumours that her supposed clean-up act was far from under control.
The award-winning singer, who died somewhat unexpectedly on July 23rd, had told family and friends that she had successfully battled her drug addiction and was being helped to combat her alcohol addiction by new boyfriend Reg Traviss.
Media reports of her untimely death hinted that the star must have clearly been caught up again in a drug and drink whirlwind and that substance abuse was surely the cause of her death. However, the release of the toxicology report states that although there was alcohol present in Amy’s blood there were no illegal substances found.
Amy’s father Mitch told the Sun: “This doesn’t make me feel the loss of my daughter any less, but we are pleased to be able to set the record straight to a certain extent.”
The family will now have to wait until October to hear the results of the inquest into the Grammy and Ivor Novello-winner’s death.
By Rebecca Crutchley