Simon Cowell has spoken out in defence of his long-term colleague Louis Walsh after he was accused of indecently assaulting a man in a night club toilet.
Cowell, 51, told The Sun: “I have known Louis Walsh for 20 years and I don't believe for a second that these allegations are true.
"I feel very sorry for him. I've spoken to him today and he is really upset. It's horrible.
"Like all of his close friends I will support him 100 per cent."
Louis has strenuously denied molesting a 24-year-old single father in the toilets after a Westlife gig in Dublin.
Louis told The Sun: “I'm devastated by these completely unfounded and malicious allegations. Anyone who knows me knows this is all a pack of lies."
He insisted: "I won't take this lying down."
The X Factor judge said even Westlife themselves could vouch for how he behaved on the night. He said: "Westlife were there. The whole band witnessed how I behaved. There was nothing untoward at all."
He described his accuser as "a chancer" and went on: "I am shocked by these allegations against me but I am going to fight to clear my name.
"I don't even know who this guy is, just that he's a sick, nasty person.
"I have instructed lawyers and I am not going to let this guy get away with peddling lies about me. No one who knows me believes this story. I have had hundreds of messages of support, which means so much.
"This is not fair on my friends, family or artists I work with - especially when I have had no formal contact from the police to put these allegations to me. I will fight this all the way.
"I will happily co-operate fully with the police and am 100 per cent confident that after a full investigation I will be fully exonerated.”
Cops seized CCTV film from Dublin's Russell Court Hotel from the night of the alleged attack on April 10.
Other celebs have come forward to support Louis. Mary Byrne, 51, from last year's X Factor semi-finals, said: "I don't believe it, not with Mr Walsh - he's too much of a gentleman."
Shane Lynch of Boyzone, Louis's first hit boyband, said: "I'd rather not comment - I don't want to make anything of a matter that doesn't exist."
Last night the alleged victim was still refusing to comment.
The investigation is said to be on-going.