Gary Barlow confired as X Factor judge!
Wednesday 18 April 2012
Hoorah - it looks like we're going to have to deal with Gary Barlow and his amazingly well-fitted suits again this year, as it has been confirmed that he will, in fact, be returning to the X Factor judging panel.
There were rumous that Simon had wanted to fire the Take That singer due to the programmes failing figures last year, but Gary's return is the first confirmation of the series so far.
Claims Simon Cowell's biography suggested that the music mogul wanted to fire Gary after he complained the contestants that featured were the worst ever and wanted to replace Barlow with a record industry executive. It also claimed that he felt Barlow was 'too scripted' and not spontaneous enough.
It is thought that Cowell changed his mind earlier this year and decided to give Barlow another chance as ITV were keen to have the big name star return.
The announcement was released late yesterday afternoon.
Gary Barlow said: ‘I'm thrilled to be back and really looking forward to working with The X Factor team again. The fact that a superstar could just walk out on that stage is very exciting.’
Simon added: ‘It’s great to be able to confirm our first judge for this year’s show. Gary has earned his place and I’m excited to be working with him again.’
ITV director of television Peter Fincham said: ‘Gary quickly established himself as a key member of The X Factor judging panel, drawing on his years of experience in the music industry to help in the search for our undiscovered singing stars. I'm thrilled to welcome him back to the biggest show on British television.’