Simon Cowell's open letter defending X Factor
Wednesday 08 December 2010
This years X Factor by far has been the most controversial, with unprecedented hate campaigns against its contestants and talk of fixes occurring every week.
Now, the shows creator, Simon Cowell, has written an open letter to the Daily Mirror defending his show after Semi-final loser Mary Byrne claimed it is fixed.
Simon Cowell begged sceptical viewers not to turn their back on the show after thousands demanded a refund after Sunday night when Cher Lloyd got through to the finals instead of Mary with fans claimed it was a fixed result.
There was much dismay as to why the judges made the final decision on Sunday, and not the viewers, as has been done in previous years. Simon claims the sing-off was brought in to keep the show interesting.
He added: “I want to assure people that the show is definitely not fixed.”
In the open letter he said: “Our main focus is to ensure that the contestants are given every opportunity to benefit from the show.”
Simon is clearly worried about the backlash Sunday's show has caused. In an internet poll asking “Are you going to vote?” 70% said no.
Mary said earlier in the week that she believed the show was fixed for her to lose as Cher has more marketability than her. She said: “The show’s a fix, of course it is. It’s not what the public think it is. I knew the viewers had voted for me to stay on and I actually thought the result would be based just on their vote.”
Fans were also upset as the change in rules had not been publicised.
Simon Cowell said he felt it was better to have a sing-off in the semi-final as there was more contestants this year. He said: “I understand new decisions are seen as controversial by our viewers but it stops the show becoming boring.”
Adding: “It was always going to be sad for whoever left.”
Keen so schmooze X Factor viewers he continued: “I have always listened and respected our viewers and have always believed viewers ultimately make the right decisions. “
He finished with saying: “It’s your show. P.S Vote One Direction!”
Someone’s keen to drum up publicity for the X Factor final – like it needed anymore attention Simon!
By Heidi Vella
What do you think of Simon’s open letter to the Daily Mirror?
Click here for more X Factor news.
Posted by alib01
RE: Simon Cowell's open letter defending X Factor
Of course it's fixed, they just make up the rules as they along now - time to hang it up and find something new and INTERESTING to ENTERTAIN us with - this is so old hat!!!
Posted 08/12/2010 12:23:40