Closer brings you festival gossip galore!
Monday 05 July 2010
It’s been a week since Closer landed back in London after Glastonbury, and we’re still not entirely sure we’re with it yet. We have hazy memories of sunshine, celebrities, and a truckload of Pimms, and apparently there was some music too (who knew?) but we still managed to track down some gossip for you, dear readers. All in the name of work.
We bumped into newly single Nikki Grahame tucking into bar snacks in the Orange Chill’n’Charge tent (which, by the way, with showers and NICE toilets was an actual lifesaver) who assured us she was eating enough after losing weight during festival season last year. Good to hear, and she was definitely looking better.
Nikki, 28, also revealed she had split with musician boyfriend Sam Jones and fancied staying single for a while. She told us: “He was way too obsessed with his image and didn’t like the fact I used to be on He was a total sponger too, but breaking up still hurts, doesn’t it?
“There’s someone else I’ve got my eye on, but I should probably have some time alone for a bit.” Poor Nikki!
Grab tomorrow’s Closer for loads of festival gossip, but to whet your appetite in the meantime, here are a few tidbits we managed to pick up in between slapping on the sunscreen, catching expletive-laden sets (looking at you Stevie Wonder and Snoop Dogg) and ordering yet more Pimms…
* Alfie Allen losing all his friends and running about alone during Snoop Dogg’s set
* T4’s Jameela Jamil overheard admiring the “proper posh” toilets in the Orange tent and asking for more free food (where she puts it, we do NOT know)
* Jaime Winstone screaming at her mate who was trying to jump the fence of the hospitality area in the early hours
* Mel Blatt dancing like a mental to Belinda Carlisle in the Cocktails & Dreams tent and telling pals: “I’ve only become a festival girl recently, but I love this!”
* Snoop backstage flanked by four security guards guiding him back to his yurt tent, complete with Xbox and huge plasma TV
In other news, once we’d caught up on a bit of sleep, we popped in to see Elle MacPherson at the launch of the new series of Britain’s Next Top Model - she looked intimidatingly good – and had a nosy at the Volvo Starlite Urban Drive-In launch. Sarah Cawood was indulging in the free popcorn and Closer had one too many mini-hotdogs. Again, all in the name of work (ahem). Get this week’s mag for all the goss. Until next week… …
By Amy Swales